Website Set-up for Small Business
If you need help setting up a simple, modern website for your portfolio or small business please let me know and I would be happy to help you. I can make the process easy and pleasant even if you have zero technical knowledge or interest!
Here are some of the benefits of hiring me to set up a content management system for your website:
- Once it's set up, you will be able to update content yourself (if you like) – as opposed to having to pay your web designer every time you need a small change
- Your website will work well on all mobile devices
- The website will always be based on the most up-to-date web standards (currently HTML 5)
- Easily transfer your existing domain name to the new site or set you up with a new one
- Attractive design
- Options are available e.g., a blog, e-commerce etc.
- Templates can be switched / updated / customized any time
- Ease into the process with a "trial" website that you can review before deciding 100%
- The entire process can take as little as 5 working days (especially if you already have your web "content" ready, i.e., text and images)
- The fixed web costs for a simple website are approximately $160/ year including the domain name
- It takes approximately 10 hours to set up a website for a small business. My rate is $65/hour + HST. That includes working closely with you to make sure you understand the process and get the chance to review and give your input into the design.
In February 2017, Shirley Clement was referred to me for some web updates. Shirley is a Canadian textile artist who creates beautiful handmade pillows, showcasing her work every year in the London Artist Studio Tour. Her website was outdated, and the gallery no longer worked . I set up the new website based on an attractive Squarespace template to give her pillows and artistic process more prominence, and to improve her search engine results. As a bonus, I corrected a typo that had been lurking on the home page of her old site.